Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicken Treats

I've recently started experimenting with "treats" for the girls. I've found that they love cracked corn and will eagerly crowd around me when I go into their yard and cluck at them. They also love watermelon, but are iffy on tomatoes and plums.

I gave them a treat today by spreading out some wheat straw that I bought in their yard for them to peck through. I was going to use it in my garden for mulch, but it was too full of seed heads. Hopefully they love it and will get all the seed heads out. If not, at least the seeds will have fallen to the ground and I'll be able to rake up the actual straw.

On another note, they have officially moved up to grower ration and love it. I have to fill their feeder roughly once a week now. It could just be because they are growing so quickly, though.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are writing about what you are feeding your chickens! It still amazes me, but I LOVE it for you! You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete