Monday, January 2, 2012

Cleaning Schedule



I think I finally figured out a workable cleaning schedule. I sat down this afternoon and got one hammered out that's broken up for each room of the house. I included things that need to get done every week and even things that only need done on a monthly basis (cleaning the ceiling fan, dusting my bathtub-I use it as a handy clothes rack, washing windowsills, etc).

I would like my daughter and I to work together roughly 30 minutes per day on our daily section, so this is how I have my house broken up.

Day 1-Kitchen
Day 2-Downstairs Bathroom, Foyer and Stairs
Day 3-Living Room, Dining Room, Office, Outside
Day 4-Master Bathroom and Daughter's Bathroom
Day 5-Bedrooms

I debated on assigning days of the week, but decided not to in case we end up skipping a day. With this system  we can simply pick up where we left off and are never behind. Saturday will be our day to do something from the monthly list in addition to whichever day we are on (if we skipped a day during the week).

I'll go ahead and break my days down for anyone who's interested.



Kitchen
Wipe down all cabinets;  Wipe out and sanitize microwave;  Clean stove inside and outside;  Flush drain with hot water;  Sanitize counters;  Vacuum and mop floor;  Clean out refrigerator;  Take out garbage and wipe cans

Downstairs Bathroom
Mirror;  Counters and sink;  Toilet;  Floor;  Dust door and window sill;  Wipe walls-monthly

Foyer/Stairs
Baseboards;  Dust doors, stairs and windowsill;  Sweep and mop floor; Wipe banister;  Clear away excess shoes;  Straighten coat closet

Living Room/Dining Room/Office
Dust;  Water plants;  Vacuum;  Baseboards-monthly;  Ceiling fan-monthly;  Polish table and chairs;  Clean sliding glass door

Outside
Sweep patio-front and back;  Wipe down front door;  Freshen plants;  Clear away clutter;  Wipe down back table

Master Bathroom
Mirror;  Counters and sink;  Toilet;  Floor;  Dust doors and window sill;  Shower-front of door and track (I clean the inside when I shower);  Empty garbage and wipe can;  Put clothes away;  Tub-monthly

Samantha's Bathroom
The same as mine, but she has a tub/shower that needs cleaning and no window

Bedrooms
Wash sheets;  Vacuum; Dust-including doors;  Wipe windowsills-monthly

Daily
Dishes;  Wipe counters and stove;  Fold blankets;  Declutter downstairs;  Check laundry as needed;  Remove kitchen garbage as needed;  Cat box

No comments:

Post a Comment